quarta-feira, 30 de junho de 2010

Paramedic denies murdering his baby

A paramedic asked his dying baby son for forgiveness because he had not been able to save him, he told the Old Bailey today.
The prosecution alleges he whispered the words as a sign of guilt when three-month-old Charlie Gibbs was taken off a life support machine.
But today, Gavin Gibbs wept as he said: "I said to Charlie 'Please forgive me, I tried my best'. I tried to save him".
Gibbs, 41, of Brook Vale, Erith, Kent, denies murdering Charlie in October 2008, and causing injuries to the baby's twin sister.
He told the court Charlie collapsed at home and he tried to resuscitate him.
But the child died two days later in hospital from brain damage.
Gibbs said Charlie had been jerking his head and arching his back leading up to the collapse, but denied assaulting him.
The trial was adjourned to tomorrow.