domingo, 14 de novembro de 2010

Suu Kyi tells supporters to work with her for change


(CNN) -- Freed democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi told her supporters Sunday that she needs their help in her efforts to bring change to Myanmar.
"I'm not going to be able to do it alone," Suu Kyi said. "You've got to do it with me. One person alone can't do anything as important as bringing change and democracy to a country".
She said she was treated well during her years of house arrest by Myanmar's ruling generals, but said the country needs to return to the rule of law.
"I am for national reconciliation, I am for dialogue ... whatever authority I have, I would like to use toward that end. And I hope the people will support me," she said, speaking to reporters at the headquarters of her National League for Democracy party.
CNN