sexta-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2010

British pedophile ordered to pay victim

SOUTHAMPTON, England, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Englishman Ray Zolla won six-figure damages from a millionaire pedophile suspected of abusing thousands of boys in 35 years, Zolla's lawyer said.

Zolla, of Cornwall, was among the victims of businessman William Goad, 66, of Plymouth, who was imprisoned for life six years ago for decades of sex crimes, the BBC reports.

Zolla was a teenager when Goad assaulted him in an 18-month period in the 1970s.

Kate Maynard, Zolla's attorney, said he was awarded a six-figure payment in Southampton County Court.

"I started this in 2008. It's been a harrowing experience, but I feel the fight is worthwhile," Zolla said before the ruling.

"Even though Goad was convicted, he never pleaded guilty to myself. I want justice. I want recompense and the vindication and the recognition that he did abuse me," Zolla said.

"I just hope he never gets the parole or released into society. He's destroyed so many lives," he said.

Goad, who had to serve a minimum of six years, was rejected for parole this week but could try again next year.

Goad ran shops and market stalls and employed his victims. He invited them to his home. UPI