segunda-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2010

Woods upbeat despite season-ending playoff defeat


(CNN) -- Tiger Woods has finished the golf season without a title for the first time in his career, but the world No. 2 was in buoyant mood despite losing in a playoff in the charity tournament he hosts.
The American squandered a four-shot lead before being beaten by Graeme McDowell at the Chevron World Challenge on Sunday, just over a year after the scandal about his marital infidelities blew up into a media storm.
U.S. Open champion McDowell sunk a dramatic birdie putt at the 72nd hole to force a playoff in California, then holed another at the first hole of sudden death to deny Woods an upbeat ending to a disappointing 2010.
"It was a great week, even though I didn't win," Woods told reporters. "I'm proud of today even though I lost, because I putted awful starting out. I missed three short putts, which I don't do.
"Then I lost my swing in the middle part of the round and pieced it back together again piece by piece. I was proud of that. I was very committed coming in and hit some really, really good shots coming in, which was good". CNN