segunda-feira, 26 de julho de 2010

Copter firm employee gets prison for fraud

FORT WORTH, Texas, July 26 (UPI) -- A Texas woman who prosecutors suspect may have been following the orders of her boss was sentenced to prison for defrauding the U.S. government.

Lisa Michelle Hall, 34, was sentenced to 27 months in federal prison for falsifying invoices that allowed her employer, Texas Aviation Services of Fort Worth, to bill the government more than $256,000 for work on Army helicopters that wasn't performed, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Sunday.

Hall testified she was following the orders of her boss at the time, Tim Woodard, former company president and co-owner, who is now her stepfather, the newspaper said.

Hall said she would take the records of hours worked on the Army helicopters to Woodard.

"He would tell me, 'That's not enough,' and tell me how much to bill," Hall said. 

"I just did exactly what he told me. He gave me a specific number".

UPI